23 April, 2009

Thankful Thursday


red pencil
Originally uploaded by Rat Phlegm
In the tradition of thankfulness, I wanted to spend my thankful Thursday sharing with you one of my favorite blogs: The Blood Red Pencil. The Blood Red pencil is a blog for writers by a group of incredible editors. Each and every day they share their wisdom with a mass of followers, wisdom on everything from grammar and style to editing and publishing one's writing. In the months that I have been following the BRP, I have learned a great deal and been reminded of a few things I let myself forget from time to time. I highly recommend following and subscribing to the Blood Red Pencil. You will not regret it.

I also want to nod my hat this Thankful Thursday to author J.C. Hutchins. J.C. Hutchins inspires me for a number of reasons, and not just because he was kind enough to let us use his novel in our contest over at eMuse. I am one of the fortunate people who gets to Twitter with J.C. every day. Not only is he incredibly prolific and creative (this guy can market, let me tell you,) he is also one of the most positive and uplifting people on Twitter. His attitude is simply amazing, and though he knows that sometimes you might get "no," for your answer, that doesn't mean he won't at least ask the question. He's done amazing things to promote his upcoming novel, Personal Effects: Dark Art, reaching out to some of the biggest names in the horror industry to vlurb the novel, and he's succeeded. Hat's off, J.C. You inspire me every single day, and for that, I thank you.

That's it. That's what I got this week. Thank you to J.C. Hutchins and the awesome bloggers over at the Blood Red Pencil. You all inspire me every day!

Looking forward to another fantastic Friday. See you there.

No comments: