03 April, 2009

A God Never Forgets...


Temple of Apollo @ Delphi
Originally uploaded by Giorgos~
Apollo Rejected

Slowly fan these flames
in attempt to blow them out
yet they burn on,
lapping thirstily at my skin
like tired dogs.

Apollo's fiery fury, and I blister,
consumed with passion
behind the wavering reality
evaporating with every breath-
to let go, would bring freedom,
but what immunity have I?

Scarred from the inside out
a molten reminder
of incomplete sacrifice-
A god never forgets!
© 2005 J. Hudock

Just a bit of poetry today... had a busy day, got some writing done, prepping to do a bit more before turning in. I hope you all had a fabulous Friday.

1 comment:

Helen Ginger said...

I admire those who can write poetry. I think it's something you have to feel inside and you have to do often or you lose the rhythm.

Nice way to start the day off.

Helen
http://straightfromhel.blogspot.com