10 October, 2008

Before You Carve your Jack-o-Lantern...

We live next to a small farmer's market on a back country stretch of highway, and as the fall foliage shifts from green to beautiful shades of yellow, orange, brown and red so too do the colors at the farmer's market. In the spring loads of annuals and perennials take over and brighten up the roadside after the dull and dirty tones of winter begin to wash away. Green summer brings beautiful baskets of berries and local fruits, tomatoes and cucumbers for pickling and canning, but autumn remains my favorite and this is why:

Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

So of course, I feel very lucky every day that I wake up and get to see such an undisturbed and beautiful display. It also makes me want to pick out pumpkins for carving, which I am still very enthusiastic about even after watching this video.



If all pumpkins are as melodramatic as Marvin from The Hitchhikers Guide to the Galaxy, I'll be happy to put an end to their misery. :D I know, I'm such an evil witch.

2 comments:

Jacquéline Roth said...

I love those pictures. Autumn is my favorite time of year as well. At least real autumn is. Down here we're still in the 80's. I miss crisp clear days.

The mask was gorgeous. The colors remind me of my phoenix tattoo. And that little one is growing!

Morgan Mandel said...

You're so lucky to see such gorgeous colors. Thanks for sharing some of them with us.

Morgan Mandel
www.morganmandel.com
http://morganmandel.blogspot.com