04 January, 2009

I Am Coming for All of You!

Or at least that's what Laura Roslin says in one of the previews for Season 4.5, the final episodes, of Battlestar Galactica, but what does it mean? I've been keeping up with the webisodes every Monday and Wednesday, (all of which can be viewed after 12PM EST on SciFi.com,) but in all honesty I don't really feel like they've given us any kind of hint at all about what has happened to the fleet since they landed on the destroyed Earth with the Cylons. I really hope that we don't get a "screwy" interlude into the events like we did with Season 3's New Caprica angle. At the end of Season 2, they're living on New Caprica and the Cylons show up, and Season 3 starts after months of Cylon torment and dictatorship. Even the webisodes for that period granted little access to what life was like on New Caprica. The only real look we get at the time spent there was in the boxing episode.

With these being the final episodes of the series (not including the promised made for tv films to come after the airing of the series...) there is a lot of stuff that needs to be wrapped up. I've read Edward James Olmos quotes that it won't be all daisies and happiness, but a satisfying ending nonetheless, and I can only hope he's telling the truth.

I'm so excited as I count down the days to the final episodes of BSG, the first premiering on January 16. In honor, I've been having a bit of a marathon at home, watching the third season in its entirety again, and planning to purchase the first half of season 4 when it's released on the sixth of January.

Anyone else out there a fan of this show? Do you have any thoughts or predictions you'd like to share? What are you looking most forward to about the series wrap-up? I think I'm really looking forward to finding out the final cylon identity the most, coming in second to that is Starbuck's true nature in the grand scheme of things. I'd love to hear your thoughts. Please share them.

3 comments:

Morgan Mandel said...

Sorry, I don't watch Science Fiction much. In fact, lately I haven't had time to watch much of anything on TV.

Morgan Mandel
http://morganmandel.blogspot.com
http://www.morganmandel.com

Morgan Mandel said...

Jelly Beans I'm giving you the
Your Blog is Fabulous Award tomorrow at
http://makeminemystery.blogspot.com

Morgan Mandel

Jenny Melzer said...

IT's good that you haven't had much time to watch TV lately, Morgan. It means you've been busy doing better things. I don't indulge in much TV myself, but I do enjoy a good Sci-fi show now and again.

Thanks for giving me an award. That's very thoughtful. I appreciate it!